Minibus insurance

CLEAR arrange minibus insurance that’s flexible and reliable. Whether it’s for personal, voluntary or commercial use, we can get you on the right track with minibus cover that's designed for you.

Our knowledgeable team fully understand what you’re looking for. We have lots of experience in the minibus sector and work with a range of A-rated UK insurers to source minibus insurance quotes with cover tailored for your needs.

What can minibus insurance cover?

  • Any number of minibus seats  9 seater to 17 seater
  • Most uses  personal use and private hire, not-for-profit (section 19 & 22 permits), care homes, nurseries and schools
  • Various passenger types  whether you’re transporting friends, staff or service users
  • Flexibility on number of mini buses from one minibus to vast fleets

Why arrange minibus insurance with CLEAR?

  • We use a range of 'A-rated' insurers - this means that the insurers have an excellent financial strength and therefore higher ability to pay out claims
  • Our minibus insurance advisers are knowledgeable and experienced
  • We consider most minibus uses and types cover is tailored to your needs 
  • We offer premium payment flexibility
  • We offer claims assistance if you need help understanding how to report a claim to insurers or tracking claims progress 

What you need to know

Which insurance covers are included under your minibus policies?
Our minibus insurance policies include the following as standard:

  • Comprehensive/ Third party, fire and theft/ Third party only cover options
  • Third party property damage to £5,000,000
  • Windscreen cover
  • Full optional European breakdown cover 
  • Personal accident cover for driver and passengers
  • Trailer cover whilst attached to the minibus
  • Replacement keys, locks or transmitter
  • New vehicle replacement (if within 12 months from new)
  • Motor legal expenses cover
Do I need a special licence to drive a minibus?
If you had entitlement to drive cars before 1 January 1997 you may drive a minibus provided it has a maximum of 17 seats including the driver’s seat and is not being used for hire or reward. To be able to drive a minibus that has nine or more passenger seats for hire or reward you will normally need passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) entitlement. This involves taking a further driving test. However, if you will be driving the minibus for an organisation under the minibus or community bus permit schemes (Section 19 or 22) you will not need to have the PCV entitlement.
Can I take out breakdown cover?
Our insurers offer breakdown cover as an optional extra. So, you can add this if required.
Do I need minibus insurance?
A vehicle from 9 to 17 seats is usually classed as a minibus. So, if your vehicle has more than 9 seats you will need to find a specialist minibus insurer provider. Getting the best insurance for needs is of upmost importance so you can concentrate on running your organisation successfully. Similarly, if you are using a minibus for a charitable, voluntary or community purpose such as schools, nurseries, church groups, charities and sports clubs, you want the peace of mind minibus insurance provides you.

What our customers have to say

Speak to our specialist, Jason Baggott, to arrange your minibus insurance cover.

Call 0208 092 9781 or email