With a team dedicated to legal profession and considerable experience providing After the Event (ATE) insurance, also referred to as Litigation insurance, it's no coincidence over 150 law firms throughout the UK use CLEAR. We work with many of the top 100 law firms in the country to provide expert advice and source ATE insurance that will guard against an adverse outcome in your case.
Unlike traditional insurance, ATE insurance is taken out by the insured once their claim has commenced. Insurers will consider providing cover for the risks associated with a claim being unsuccessful if they believe that the case enjoys good prospects of success. Third Party Funding (TPF) can also provide the necessary funds for own legal fees and disbursements if a conditional fee agreement or Damages Based Agreement is not appropriate.
By using ATE insurance, TPF or a combination of both, we will be able to provide a package that will allow access to justice for claimants and provide solicitors with a commercially viable proposition. CLEAR is the ideal partner for complex litigation matters.
Cover features and benefits
- Firm or practitioner does not need to be engaged on a CFA
- CLEAR will always start by trying to find a provider that will defer the premium until the successful conclusion of the case, reducing your burden of upfront costs
- We will negotiate a wording that will maximise the chances of using the ATE policy as security for costs in the event a security for costs application is made by the defendant
- With access to non-traditional ATE markets, CLEAR can provide extra indemnity if needed
- CLEAR has access to Third-Party Funders for cases where damages sought are in excess of £500,000
- Scheme arrangements for Clinical Negligence cases
- Access to our dedicated and experienced in-house claims team
What you need to know
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about our After the Event cover.
What our customers have to say
"I have found The Clear Group to be successful in obtaining ATE insurance particularly in cases where other brokers were unable to help. They are responsive and proactive; the turnaround time was excellent. The Clear Group obviously has good relations with certain underwriters, and this helps foster a partnership style ethos towards pursuing claims."
Partner at Birketts LLP