Commercial property insurance

Many insurance brokers claim to be property specialists but what does that actually mean? At CLEAR, we understand the world of commercial property; we know what property owners, developers and managers need from their insurance advisers. We also know that service means speedy problem-solving time after time, it means being consistent and it means having experts with deep specialist knowledge of the sector.

We count some very successful property owners with large portfolios among our clients, as well as investors in single properties. What brings them together is that they value an adviser with proven specialist knowledge and with access not just to the best insurers but to the best experts those insurers have.

No two properties are the same and a one size fits all approach doesn't work for all clients. We pride ourselves on our unique approach; providing dedicated advice in a straightforward and easy-to-understand manner using technology where it helps, delivering to our clients and their stakeholders the reassurance that their asset is properly protected.

Which commercial property insurance services and covers do CLEAR provide?

  • Tailor-made schemes designed to provide the best possible protection for your commercial property
  • Cover available for most commercial property types
  • Buildings insurance
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Directors and officers Liability cover
  • Bespoke policy wording available with enhanced cover
  • Options available for terrorism cover
  • Contract vetting to identify insurance requirements for major works
  • Access to dedicated property insurance specialists, claims advisors and our 24/7 online claims reporting service
  • We make the most of technology, including an online claims management system. Despite this, our service is unashamedly traditional: personal and professional, focused on quality and attention to detail.

What our customers have to say


What you need to know

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about our commercial property cover.

What types of properties can you arrange insurance for?
There are perhaps few CLEAR can't provide cover for, but some of the many we do arrange insurance for are:

  • Office blocks
  • Warehouses
  • Industrial manufacturing premises
  • Shopping centres
  • Retail and leisure operations
  • Restaurants, cafes and public houses
  • Hotels
  • Vacant premises
  • Properties for redevelopment
  • Student accomodation
Can you offer an 'enhanced' level of cover?
CLEAR can provide bespoke Policy Wording to clients with enhanced cover. As an independent broker we have the flexibility to provide a tailored service to each client and are not bound by the rigidity associated with large corporate organisations. No two property companies are the same and a 'one size fits all' approach is not to the benefit of our clients.

Usually different types of property can be covered under a single portfolio arrangement and we have negotiated enhanced policy wordings to ensure you don’t have to decide what additional extensions you need.

Can you guarantee the security of the insurance company?
Ultimately, no broker can 'guarantee' the security of the insurance underwriter.  However, CLEAR's policy is to aim is to work with only those insurers with a Standard & Poor's (S&P) rating of 'A' or above (for a better understanding of what these ratings mean, please see http://www.spratings.com/en_US/understanding-ratings).
Do you have experience in dealing with both landlord and tenants?
Many years of working within the property sector have taught us the nature of the relationship between landlord and tenant and the implications of a fully insuring and repairing lease. At CLEAR we understand how to protect the landlord's interests whilst dealing fairly & efficiently with their tenants. Insurance costs form a large part of service charges so owners, managers and tenants all need to know that they are buying the right cover at the right price from a top insurer with excellent service.


Related Information



Speak to a specialist, Kevin Donegan, to arrange your insurance cover.

Call 020 7280 3494 or email