CLEAR recognised that a standard office policy was far from adequate to fulfil the specific interests of barristers chambers, so we researched the market, consulted with many heads of chambers and established an insurance policy designed by barristers, for barristers.
We first launched our bespoke barristers chambers package over twenty years ago and have worked hard to continuously improve it, ensuring it provides comprehensive cover for chambers both large and small.
Cover features and benefits
- Property Damage including barristers’ own furniture, works of art or similar contents
- Automatic Business Interruption cover for increased cost of working
- Automatic Worldwide ‘All Risks’ cover for wig, gown, clothing and personal effects, including legal and reference books
- The definition of ‘Insured’ includes not only chambers but also individual barristers and pupils
- Automatic Public Liability limit of indemnity £10,000,000
- Homeworkers property extension of £5,000
- AGM/Conference cancellation costs £5,000
What you need to know
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about our barristers cover:
What our customers have to say
"TGC has been dealing with Nick for many years now. He has always provided clear and sound insurance advice on any enquiry we have thrown at him. Nothing is ever too much trouble for him. He is knowledgeable and friendly and never pressures you into making a decision. If he is not available there is always a colleague at Clear more than happy to assist. I have no hesitation in recommending him."
Gaye Spencer King
Chambers' Administrator at Temple Garden Chambers