Insurance for catering businesses

Resulting from our years of experience working closely with contract catering companies, from start-ups right through to established businesses with multi-million-pound turnovers, CLEAR can meet your insurance requirements at any stage of your business's development.

Our knowledge of your industry allows us to take into account the diverse business activities catering businesses can have, working at garden parties, events, exhibitions, concerts and festivals. This means CLEAR will tailor an insurance package that provides the covers you need.

Cover features and benefits

  • Bespoke catering packages to include diverse business activities (including garden parties, events, exhibitions, concerts, festivals)
  • Buildings, contents, business interruption and stock insurances
  • Public and employer’s liability insurance with standard and higher limits available (if, for example, you have a high-value accumulation risk)
  • Employment disputes insurance (including TUPE transfer)
  • Loss of license and food contamination insurances
  • Money (high cash limits) with personal accident & assault benefits cover
  • Personal accident and staff dishonesty insurances
  • Optional additional insurances such as; reputational damage, directors & officers, cyber risks and financial crime

What our customers have to say


What you need to know

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about our catering cover.

What insurance should I have as a director of a catering business?
As a director of a limited company you should have Directors & Officers insurance, which CLEAR can arrange for you. It is to protect Directors, officers and managers of the business against personal liability claims arising from the decisions and actions they make, for and on behalf of the business.
Are there any insurance implications with TUPE arrangements with staff?
Yes there are, but we can tailor a solution as part of your insurance arrangements.
How do I correctly insure a business that operates from multiple locations?

We can discuss each site with you to ensure that the cover is customised to reflect the size, scope and activities of each location.

Will I be covered for food poisoning?
Yes. This would be covered under the products liability element of the insurance package.


Speak to a specialist to arrange your insurance cover.

Call 0330 0948 740 or email