Insurance for schools, colleges or universities

CLEAR provides expert guidance to the schools sector, working with a panel of insurers who offer bespoke insurance programmes for schools, colleges and universities.

Working with CLEAR will give you complete peace of mind, as we take the time to understand our customers. We will visit you to ensure we understand your requirements and then work with our specialist panel of insurers to provide the most comprehensive solution for your needs.

Cover Features and Benefits

  • The education packages we offer provide cover for your Property (buildings, contents, computers and students’, staff and governors’ personal effects), Loss of Revenue, EL/PL (Abuse cover), Governor Liability, Money, Dishonesty of Staff and Legal Expenses
  • Optional insurance policies for fleets include cover for school minibuses and cars, travel, for school trips, engineering inspection, for boilers and plant equipment, as well as cover for external contractors (all risks)
  • Wide cover from a panel of specialist insurers
  • Access to experienced surveyors/valuers to accurately advise on rebuilding costs

What our customers have to say


What you need to know

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about our education insurance policies.

Who is covered by Governor Liability insurance?
CLEAR's education packages cover both senior members of staff as well as governors, whereas this is not always the case with some insurers.
How long do I need Business Interruption cover for, say for a large claim, such as fire?
We would recommend a minimum of 24 months to allow for the practicalities of rebuilding.
Why is it important that I have adequate limits under my policy?
An adequate sum insured is required for property to rebuild all of the premises in the event of total destruction caused by an insured peril. In respect of contents and computers, the figures need to be adequate to replace all items in the event of a loss. Underinsurance could mean that, even for a partial loss, insurers are only liable for a proportion of any claim. 

In respect of the limits under the Employers, Public and Governors liabilities, these should be set correctly to ensure that in the event of a catastrophe they are adequate to pay any claimant in full.

What information does the school need to provide in order for you to provide us with a quotation?
To allow Clear to provide you with an accurate quotation we will ask you to complete a questionnaire and provide a plan/site map of your school. Please contact Paul Russell at or 020 7280 3469 to discuss your enquiry.


Speak to a specialist to arrange your insurance cover.

Call 0330 0948 740 or email