Insurance for farms

Our Spalding team know farming and understand the insurance needs of the farming community. With over 60 years' experience between us, and our strong relationships with specialist insurers, we are able to offer your farm business a full range of products and cover types. We are a proud independent insurance broker, and are not tied to the products of just one insurer.

We understand the broad range of activities carried out on farms, both arable and livestock, and the insurance exposures that you face. We are able to cater for the conventional farming risks through additional contracting activities and on to emerging risks such as Renewable Energy. A combination of competitive pricing, breadth of cover and vast experience in the insurance requirements of the farming community make CLEAR an attractive proposition’

Cover features and benefits

  • Specialist insurers with vast knowledge
  • Cover for any size of business, from smallholdings upwards
  • Ability to include diversification, such as holiday lets and storage of caravans
  • Cover for house and contents - your home and business covered under one roof

Insurance products for your farm

We can meet your requirements by providing any of the following insurances:

  • Farm buildings (including farmhouse and contents cover)
  • Boundary hedges, fences and gates
  • Machinery and implements
  • Vehicles
  • Livestock
  • Crops
  • Goods or livestock in transit
  • Milk in tanks
  • Deadstock
  • Loss of revenue (produce and livestock)
  • Products Liability and financial loss
  • Storm damage (plus hailstorm) to crops
  • Engineering inspection services
  • Cattle passports
  • Employer’s Liability
  • Environmental Liability
  • Public Liability

What our customers have to say

What you need to know

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about our insurance products for your farm.

Can you provide cover for diversification from our core farming activities?
Yes. CLEAR deals only with insurers who are able to include a wide range of such activities.
If I exclude cover for sugar beet will I receive a reduction in my premium?
Yes. For the placement of farm insurance CLEAR only deals with insurers who are able to include a wide range of such activities.
Am I able to select perils for which cover is required?
This would form part of our initial discussions, including a meeting at your premises if so required.
Is Environmental Impairment Liability cover included automatically?
Such cover is provided as standard for conventional farming risks and we are happy to discuss where increased limits of indemnity are required, or where cover is required for additional contracting activities and emerging risks, such as renewable energy.

Speak to a specialist, John Jones, to arrange your insurance cover.

Call 01775 716580 or email